Current 482 processing times advertised by the Department of Home Affairs
|Stream||75 per cent of applications processed||90 per cent of applications processed|
|Short-term stream||50 days||67 days|
|Medium-term stream||48 days||57 days|
|Labour Agreement stream||32 days||54 days|
|Sponsorship||48 days||53 days|
|Nomination||49 days||54 days|
Last updated 22 August 2018 (for month ending 31 July 2018)
482 Processing times vary
- DHA assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
What can I do if my 482 application is taking a long time?
It can be very frustrating to wait for DHA to process your 482 application. The processing standards issued by DHA are a guide only and they indicates the average processing time for 75% of cases. You should ensure you have included all relevant information in your application, respond to DHA requests providing any evidence requested as soon as possible. If you submit a status update whilst your application falls within DHA service standards, DHA will ignore your request and you will not receive any response. It is unfortunately, a waiting game and you are at the mercy of DHA working through their case load.